HOW DO I INSTALL SHATTER-X
IMPORTANT! READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS FIRST
FOR BEST RESULTS: IT IS CRITICAL TO COMPLETELY REMOVE ANY PREVIOUSLY APPLIED WINDSHIELD TREATMENTS BEFORE APPLYING WINDSHIELD PROTECTION BY FOLLOWING STEP A WINDSHIELD DEEP CLEAN
- ONLY APPLY IN TEMPERATURES +50*F TO +77*F (+10*C TO +25*C)
- FOR OPTIMAL PERFORMANCE, CLEAN YOUR WIPER BLADES AS INSTRUCTED IN STEP A., OR REPLACE IF THEY ARE OLD.
Windshield Protection should be applied in a dry well-ventilated environment that is not in direct sunlight and is free of excessive wind and dust. Prior to application, the windshield should be cool and dry and free from all dirt and road grime.
2X Cleaner Wipes
2X Nano Coating Wipes
ADDITIONAL SUPPLIES NEEDED
One large clean microfiber or clean cotton cloth for windshield deep clean
One large clean microfiber or clean cotton cloth for buffing.
STEP A. WINDSHIELD DEEP CLEAN
Very important: DO NOT use ammonia-based window cleaning products, as it will not allow the coating to properly bond the windshield.
- Use a clean microfiber or clean cotton cloth and common grease cutting kitchen dish soap, thoroughly wash and deep clean your entire windshield. Be sure to clean the entire windshield edge to edge. The deep clean is the most important step in your application process and should take an average of 5 minutes.
- Use the same microfiber or cotton cloth and the kitchen dish soap product to thoroughly wash the wiper blades as well. It is very important to clean your wiper blades for optimal product performance.
- Verify the cleanliness of the windshield: Test if previous windshield treatments have been removed by pouring water over the windshield, if water beads then repeat steps 1 & 2 until water no longer beads.
- After the windshield is properly cleaned, thoroughly rinse windshield with clean water.
- Allow windshield to dry completely naturally or using a clean cloth such as absorbent paper. It is important to ensure that the windshield is completely dry edge to edge.
- Using a clean microfiber cloth buff any remaining residue from windshield.
STEP B. PREPARATION COATING (SACHET 1, CLEANER WIPE)
For optimal performance and ease of application: Only coat one side of your windshield at a time using one sachet for each half of your windshield. Only open half the cloth in Sachet 1 so you can turn it over and fold on itself to keep it wet longer. Only open the sachet when ready to apply.
- Open Sachet 1 and apply the prep-coating in a firm circular motion to only one half of your windshield. Be sure that the prep-coating is applied to the entire half of the windshield ensuring the edges are coated as well. Use the prep-coating cloth until almost dry and then use it to clean your wiper blades before discarding the dry cloth.
- Allow both sides of the windshield to dry at the same time for at least 10 minutes.
- Using a microfiber cloth, buff out ALL residue left by the prep-coating. Any remaining residue will inhibit the bonding process of the windshield protective coating to the windshield. Be sure to buff the entire windshield edge to edge.
STEP C. APPLYING NANO COATING (SACHET 2, Nano Coating Wipe)
For optimal performance and ease of application: Only coat one side of your windshield at a time using one sachet for each half of your windshield. Only open half the cloth in Sachet 2 so you can turn it over and fold on itself to keep it wet longer. Only open the sachet when ready to apply.
- Open Sachet 2 and apply the Nano coating to one half of your windshield by wiping in a circular motion. Be sure that the nano coating is applied to the entire half of the windshield ensuring the edges are coated as well.
- Depending on the ambient temperature, allow both sides of the windshield to cure and dry for at least 30-60 minutes, e.g. 60 minutes at +50*F (+10*C) down to 30 minutes at +77*F (+25*F).
- Once cured and dry, buff out all residue with a clean microfiber towel.
IMPORTANT! DO NOT ALLOW WINDSHIELD TO GET WET OR USE WIPER BLADES UNTIL IT HAS CURED FOR AT LEAST 60 MINUTES AFTER APPLICATION.
For optimal performance, we recommend using an alcohol based cleaner and a microfiber cloth to buff your windshield at least once per month.
Keep out of reach of children and sources of ignition. In case of contact with eyes, rinse immediately with clean water and seek medical advice.